Organizers of the Real Estate Board of New York’s 120th Annual Banquet, the black-tie event to celebrate industry leaders, recently announced the recipients of this year’s top honors.
The awards, which are set to take place on January 21, 2016, will honor “[t]he wide-ranging achievements of the industry leaders” said REBNY President John H. Banks III.
“Their dedication to professional, philanthropic, and humanitarian service exemplifies what it means to invest in our City’s future and we thank them for their tremendous efforts,” Banks said.
This year’s recipients include:
- The Stacom Family will receive the Bernard H. Mendik Lifetime Leadership in Real Estate Award for their exceptional accomplishments in the profession, leadership, and service to the real estate industry. This is the first time an award at the REBNY banquet will be given to a family.
- Daniel Brodsky, Senior Managing Partner of the Brodsky Organization, will receive The Harry B. Helmsley Distinguished New Yorker Award, which is presented to an industry member for invaluable contributions to New York’s civic welfare and the real estate community.
- Bill Montana, Savills Studley Managing Director, will receive The Louis Smadbeck Broker Recognition Award, which celebrates a commercial broker with exceptional personal and professional integrity, leadership, prominence in the brokerage community, and service to REBNY’s committees.
- Edward V. Piccinich of SL Green Realty will receive The George M. Brooker Management Executive of the Year Award. This award recognizes individuals in property management based on outstanding professionalism, civic achievement, and contributions to the industry.
- Steven H. Marvin will receive the Young Real Estate Man of the Year Award. Marvin is the Executive Managing Director and Partner of Olmstead Properties, Inc. This award is selected by the Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association of New York and presented to a member who exemplifies integrity, professionalism, and personal ethics.
REBNY Chairman Rob Speyer said: “We look forward to gathering with all of our colleagues at our 120th annual banquet to celebrate the achievements of the real estate community, toast the vibrant real estate market, and posthumously honor John Zuccotti, a former REBNY Chairman and one of New York’s greatest civic leaders.”
Read more about the event at Real Estate Weekly.