On Thursday night, Rob Speyer honored outgoing REBNY President Steven Spinola with the Harry B. Helmsley Distinguished New Yorker Award at the organization’s 119th annual banquet.
“Steve Spinola has been the most important person in the history of REBNY,” Speyer told a packed ballroom at the New York Hilton, as The Real Deal noted. “He has made us a force to be reckoned with in the city, in the state, and it’s literally transformed the landscape of our industry.”
Said Spinola upon accepting the award: “My stepping down as your president only ends one chapter in the very impressive, continuing history of the Real Estate Board of New York. Together we have accomplished much. Great challenges remain and REBNY could not be in better hands.”
More coverage of the event can be found at The Real Deal.
The Commercial Observer also has more details about Thursday night’s banquet as part of its “REBNY 2015” coverage this week, which includes profiles of the event’s award winners:
- Glen Weiss, Executive Vice President – Director of Leasing at Vornado Realty Trust and Chairman of the Young Men’s/Women’s Real Estate Association, received the Young Man/Woman of the Year Award.
- Daniel Kinderbergh, Senior Vice President – Operations at Brookfield Property Group, received the George M. Brooker Management Executive of the Year Award for his past leadership during the aftermath of September 11th, Superstorm Sandy and other crisis situations.
- Peter Hauspurg, Chairman and CEO of Eastern Consolidated, received the Louis Smadbeck Broker Recognition Award for his achievement as a commercial real estate broker.
- Barbara Fox, President of the Fox Residential Group, received the Kenneth R. Gerrety Humanitarian Award for her constant dedication to community service.
- William Rudin, CEO and Vice Chairman of Rudin Management Company, received the Bernard H. Mendik Lifetime Leadership in Real Estate Award for his lifelong commitment to New York’s real estate industry.